Get ready to face the BITSAT – 2019 examination confidently by reading this article on BITSAT preparation tips and making your actions aligned with the same within 3 minutes only.
In this article, you will also get the preparation tips for BITSAT by previous year toppers as well.
Are you excited for this 3 minutes of life transforming read? Here we go….
How to prepare for BITSAT 2019?
Contents of This Page
- 1 How to prepare for BITSAT 2019?
- 2 BITSAT Examination Pattern
- 3 BITSAT Syllabus
- 4 Best 5 BITSAT Preparation Tips
- 4.1 1. Speed For The Time Management
- 4.2 2. Understanding The Difference Between JEE and BITSAT Syllabus
- 4.3 3. Prepare According To The Marking Scheme and Pattern
- 4.4 4. Revision Is The Key
- 4.5 5. Take The Advantage Of 12 Bonus Questions In BITSAT Examination
- 4.6 2018 BITSAT Topper’s Suggestion
- 4.7 Best Books For The Last Time Revision or Preparation for BITSAT Examination
BITSAT always examine your speed and accuracy level with the understanding of the basic concepts of class 11th and class 12th physics, chemistry and mathematics as well (though it has several other segments as well).
Important Dates – BITSAT 2019
- Deadline to receive completed application form with feeCommencement of application form – January 4, 2019
- The last date to apply for BITSAT 2019 – March 31, 2019
- Availability of application correction window – March 22-April 1, 2019
- The start date for slot booking – April 5, 2019
- Availability of hall ticket – April 12 to May 13, 2019
- BITSAT 2019 Examination – May 16 to May 26, 2019
- The release of BITSAT 2019 Score – 3rd week of May 2019
- Start of admissions based on class 12th marks – May 16 to June 18, 2019
- Start of counselling registration of BITSAT 2019 – 4th week of May 2019
- Deadline to receive completed application form with
fee– 3rd week of June 2019
- The announcement of admitting and waiting list after Iteration 1 to 5 – 20 June 2019 to 4th Week of July 2019
BITSAT Examination Pattern
It is important to know about the exam pattern, before knowing about how shall you prepare for the same.
It has 4 parts :
Part 1 : Physics ( 40 Questions)
Part 2 : Chemistry (40 Questions)
Part 3 : 3(a) English Proficiency (15 Questions)
Part 3 3(b) Logical Reasoning (10 Questions)
Part 4 : Mathematics (45 Questions)
Total Number of Questions = 150 and Duration : 3 Hours
If you can finish the paper before 3 hours, then you can also attempt 12 bonus questions of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (4 each). All the question carries he equal weightage.
You will be awarded +3 for the correct answers, -1 for the wrong answers and 0 for the unattempted questions.
It follows the same/similar curriculum of class 11th and class 12th CBSE, ICSE and State Boards for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / Biology. Hence the thorough command over the basics will help the aspirants a lot.
You have to put extra efforts for the LOGICAL REASONING and ENGLISH PROFICIENCY part.
Get more official information on syllabus at BITSAT 2019 ( The link will open in the new tab)
Best 5 BITSAT Preparation Tips
1. Speed For The Time Management
Particularly in the case of BITSAT examination speed with accuracy both matters a lot. Since you have to solve 150 questions or (+12) 162 questions in 3 hours (180 minutes). Hence you have to practice solving the questions within 1 minute each.
2. Understanding The Difference Between JEE and BITSAT Syllabus
At the end of this post I have provided some useful books for the same. Kidly refer those for the logical reasoning and English proficiency. Since they aren’t the part of JEE Mains / JEE Advanced.
3. Prepare According To The Marking Scheme and Pattern
Since every question carries equal weightage. Therefore always try to focus more on the topics in which your are most confident and specially try to focus more on mathematics than physics or chemistry if and only if it is your strength.
4. Revision Is The Key
Yes, the more you sweat in the practice, the less you bleed in the war. You can prefer the recommended books given at the end of this post to do the practice in the most appropriate way for the revision.
Note: Solving the previous year questions and sample papers will be a boon.
5. Take The Advantage Of 12 Bonus Questions In BITSAT Examination
Since you also have the advantage of the bonus 12 questions if you can solve the paper before 3 hours. Therefore it be a wise decision to attempt them as well. This will maximise your chance to perform well.
2018 BITSAT Topper’s Suggestion
Priyam Shah, topper of BITSAT 2018 suggests to give extra emphasis on the logical reasoning portion and the English proficiency part. Since the syllabus of physics, chemistry and mathematics is almost same as the JEE Mains and Advanced examination. Practicing several mock test will be a great help.
Best Books For The Last Time Revision or Preparation for BITSAT Examination
Disclaimer: GANIT HUB is an associate partner of Amazon.
Also, you can get the books with up-to 50% discount (tentative) and with the option of online payment or cash on delivery by Amazon. I hope this will help you to achieve success in the BITSAT preparation.
- Comprehensive Guide to BITSAT Online Test 2019 with Past 2014-2018 Solved Papers & 90 Mock Online Tests
- Handbook of Mathematics (Quick Revision Purpose)
- Revision Handbook of Physics by Arihant (Quick Revision Purpose)
- Handbook of Chemistry (Quick Revision Purpose)
I hope you have gained much important informations and guidance for your BITSAT preparation. Wishing you all the best for your examination. Kindly follow the above and crack the exam confidently.